2/19/2008

A fun indoor practice at Scooter's

It has been for three and a half months since we started indoor skating.
For the first two months I missed some practices and I couldn't really skate technically. It means I didn't really enjoy skating at Scooter's and there was some frustration and disappointment about my skating at practices.
Tonight, I was so happy because I felt really good about my skating.
I am getting better and feeling comfortable with crossover now.
I couldn't finish our long warm-up until last month but from this month, I manage to do so.
I tend to stop skating during the warm-up when I feel that my technique falls apart ,which causes early tiredness. But it doesn't happen to me during the warm up recently and I am also able to push and lean more at the corner. In doing so, it allows me to get steady speed during the whole warm-up with less not-efficient strides.
Last night, the floor was awesome, I always thank to skaters who clean the floor. They know how to do it properly. It's unfair that the same guys do it most of times. I wish I could do it sometimes but I actually try not to do it because I am not good at it, so I try to do something else such as getting cones and pads, putting back benches and chairs. I know that's easy one compared with cleaning the floor but at least we can skate on the better gripper floor when it's done by better guys.

Anyway, I am so glad that I am improving my technique and has begun to enjoy skating at Scooter's. I am not really serious about speed or winning races but it's always good when you feel better about skating.
Hopefully, I can keep improving my technique until the end of indoor season, so that I can enjoy outdoor skating this spring.

No comments: