11/27/2007

Lots of pizza~

It's been a while since I posted about skating last time.
There was a the-end-of-year party and indoor practice afterwards tonight at Scooter's.
I was a bit late due to bad traffic. I and Travis had more time to talk in his car on the way to practice. Since I hadn't had dinner, I was a bit disappointed that pizza wasn't ready to fill my empty stomach when I got there. I was starving to death. As soon as pizza arrived, I rushed the snack stand where the pizza were put on and had five pieces of pizza. It was so good. Hunger always stimulates good appetite. I would have had more pizza if there were more but I got some cookies which Travis brought instead. There was the award right after the party. Some skaters who did a good job through this year got awarded. The regular Monday practice followed after the award.


< The group picture after warmup, courtesy of Peter Doucet >

We did pretty much the same drills we have been doing. Because of the free pizza(?), we had more skaters on the floor than usual. The floor was a bit slippery I even slipped during the warm-up drill. I always hesitate for the first crossover right before the corner. However, during the drill which we are supposed to do nice one lap technical sprint, I skated a bit wider before the corner and did the first crossover confidently but I slipped at the last corner and went down. I am not sure whether it is my technical issue or the condition of floor but I felt good both at the corner and the straight.


< During the dropping back drill, courtesy of Peter Doucet >

I was stable and technically settled tonight. Despite of fall and some light scrapes from that, I am happy about tonight's practice.
I will skate more aggressively and technically for the next practice. I will see how I feel.

No comments: